Thursday, May 28, 2009

Hakka Pork Dumplings

Happy Dumpling's Festival~

Every year my mama will make the dumplings (bak chang) to celebrate this festival. She is very good in making those bak chang. However, none of her daughters and son know how to make it.

I don't prefer eating outside make bak chang. I heard some of my friend said those bak changs are make use of chemical. Plus...they sold in high price.

There are many types of bak chang. But my mama just make hakka dumplings. LOLs... I'm hakka.

Photos taken when my mama make those bak changs....

First and the most important thing you need is bamboo leaves.


Second, the so called glutinous rice (nuo mi).



Five spices powder.
Black eye peas.

Onions.

Dry cockles. (Put some if you prefer).

Porks. (Non-halal).
Chestnuts.

Cook all the ingredients with onions and added some seasoning. The results:-


Mushrooms + Chestnuts.

The glutinous rice need to cook with those beans with seasoning added for better taste.


Tada~

Finish wrapping. Then, put them in boiling water and cook for 2 1/2 hours.


Lastly, wishing everyone......


Happy Dumpling's Festival

4 comments:

  1. so good leh !! u can eat so many dumpling ! i at here even forget when is dumpling festival liao !! so ko lian leh !! hehe !! u must learn how to make !!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can I gEt SOme Dumpling?/HeheH.LoLz.,

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like my dumpling to have salted egg in it! Even though it is high in collestrol, but... it's only once in a year~ And it really taste nice with the bak zhang. ;)

    ReplyDelete

Drops some comment here and I will reply as soon as possible.